This form is to be completed where someone would like to be
considered for selection for a New Zealand Team for the World Championships
and are participating in a nominated selection race. All Selection Nomination Forms MUST be received by Triathlon New Zealand as outlined in the specific selection policy and criteria.
REPRESENT NZ AT A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Are you aged between 16-90? You can represent your Age Group at the World Champs! Read more below..
Each year Triathlon NZ sends a team to the World Championships…Going to a world champs isn’t just about competing on the world stage though- it’s about the experience!
HOW TO JOIN THE NZ TEAMNZ BASED ATHLETES:
- Check the selection calendar to find out what event(s) you need to compete in.
- Ensure you are eligible
- Compete in the selection event
- Meet race qualification standards
- Complete this form no later than two working days after the event.
Tri NZ will be in touch within 10 working days of the selection race to let you know if you are eligible.
Eligibilty & Race Qualification Standards
There are listed selection events for each discipline. To find out what events are being used for selection, please refer to the qualification events.
Each year Triathlon NZ will release age group selection policies for each discipline. Selection is primarily based on two key aspects; eligibility of athletes and race qualification standards.
All athletes wishing to gain selection must complete this form within two working days of the qualification event.
Eligibility criteria: you MUST on selection race day:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
- Be a current member of Tri NZ (TRIBE) and be in good standing with Tri NZ
- Be a current member of a Tri NZ Affiliated Club (List of clubs available here)
Race qualification standards:
- finish within 20% of the gendered age group winners time
- finish within the number of allocated slots (based on AG finished position)
Please note, the above are summaries.
To read in depth on these two areas please read the relevant selection policy.
World Championship Selection Nomination Form 2018
Saturday, 1 July 2017 - Wednesday, 20 June 2018